Eggs & Soldiers for Breakfast
- Boil two eggs for 6 minutes
- Toast seeded bread, butter the toast then cut into strips
- Place peeled eggs into egg cups and serve with the tops of the eggs cut off
- Use the toast strips for dipping
Lovely and Great start for the kids!
Low Calorie Pizza
- 1 Wholemeal Wrap
- Spread a heaped tablespoon of tomato passata or puree over the wrap
- Sprinkle cheese and any toppings you like
- Place in the oven or under the grill
There you have a low calorie and healthier pizza!
Homemade Chicken Nuggets
- Dice up some fresh chicken fillet
- Beat an Egg in a bowl
- Prepare a bowl of flour
- Prepare a bowl of breadcrumbs with salt and pepper (optional) from a few slices of bread - preferably wholemeal
- Pre-heat the oven to 220c
- Take each piece of chicken and roll in the flour, then the egg then the breadcrumbs and place on to a baking tray.
- Bake until golden brown and turn halfway through cooking.
The kids will love them!
Tasty Healthy Fish Cakes
- Prepare a bowl of boiled potatoes and mash them up
- Add fresh poached and boneless fish fillets to the mashed potato - Haddock are a good choice!
- Add in some salt, pepper, dried or fresh parsley and chopped spring onion
- Make small sized cakes out of the mix and place them on a baking tray, chill for 20-mins
- While the fish cakes are chilling beat a couple of eggs and make the breadcrumbs to prepare the last bit
- take the chilled fish cakes, roll in to the egg mix then roll into the breadcrumb mix and place back on to the baking tray
- Bake in the oven at 220c for around 25 minutes (or until golden brown)
Lovely an filling and it makes a healthy meal for the whole family served with a salad!