Shepherd's Pie with garlic Mash
- Chop 1 large carrot, 1 large onion and two cloves of garlic then add this to heated oil in a large saucepan
- Next add your lamb mince and stir well and continue to cook until all mince is brown
- Drain off any excess juice or fat
- Add 250ml of beef stock (save about 20ml for the mash) and roughly 375ml of tomato passata and bring to the boil
- reduce the heat to medium - low and simmer for 25 minutes
- uncover and cook for a further 20 minutes until the sauce thickens
- while this is cooking, preheat the oven at 200c and begin to make the mashed potato.
- peel and chop potatoes and boil with 4-6 cloves of garlic and start to cook potatoes for mashing
- once potatoes are cooked through and drained, add butter and remaining stock liquid to the potatoes and mash until smooth. (If you prefer your mash stiffer then continue to cook over heat until any excess liquid has evaporated)
- Transfer the lamb mince mixture to an ovenproof dish and spoon on the mashed potato over the top and spread evenly
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes
A good old style meal with lots of carbohydrates, nutrition and protein!
- Cook 225g Diced, Skinless and Boneless chicken. Once cooked leave to one side to cool while you make the coronation mixture.
- In a large bowl mix 100g of 0% fat Greek Yoghurt, 1 teaspoon of curry powder and a handful of fresh coriander or mint.
- Add15g of raisins and dried apricots to the yoghurt mix
- If chicken is cooled add this to the mixture stirring to cover the chicken, add some salt and pepper.
- Arrange a plate of salad - Lettuce, Cucumber, tomatoes and peppers and place the coronation chicken on to the salad.
Nutritious High Protein & Low Carb Meal
Chilli con carne with Side vegetables
- Cook 350g mince through until brown
- Next, add; 1 large chopped onion, 2 cloves of crushed garlic, 1 large chopped carrot, 1 chopped green pepper and 1 finely chopped courgette .
- Drain and rinse a tin of kidney beans and add these to the mince.
- Take 2 tablespoons of tomato puree, 2-3 teaspoons of chilli powder plus 1/2 pint of beef stock and add this to the mince mixture.
- Cover, reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Whilst the chilli is simmering start to boil approx. 200g of rice.
- Once the rice is cooked through rinse well before serving
- Once all chilli and rice has been cooked, serve chilli on top of the rice.
... A hearty meal with plenty of Carbs, Fibre, Protein and Nutrition.