A few ideas to take to work is simple choice of wholemeal wraps with chicken and salad, tuna and cucumber sandwich on seeded or granary bread or a maybe a chicken pasta? but eventually some people become quite bored with the same thing.
When cleaning up your diet the absolute best meal we could recommend when losing weight or losing fat is a loaded salad. Mix all your vegetables up in a lunch box, throw in some seasoning and choose which protein you'll add. Perhaps salmon, tuna, chicken or even prawns?
Here is a few recipes you can try if you want to prepare the night before and have something a little different and healthy for your lunch during your working hours.
Pre-prepped Parsnip & Carrot Fritters
- 1 Grated Parsnip
- 1 Grated Carrot (drain out any excess juice using a clean cloth and squeeze)
- 1 Beaten Egg
- 2 Tablespoons of Coconut Flour
- 1 Teaspoon of Cumin
- A pinch of Black Pepper & Salt
- Take all the ingredients and mix together until well combined.
- Use your clean hands to divide the mixture into 6 portions
- Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a frying pan and begin to cook each fritter on each side for 2 minutes until crispy.
- When they are cooked leave to cool then place them in the fridge, in the morning place them in a lunch box with salad leaves, cucumber and tomatoes.
Lentil, Beetroot & Pistachio Salad with a Ginger Dressing
- prepare this the night before your working day
- Take 250g lentils and add approx. 625ml water and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer until all the water evaporates. You don't want mushy lentils though!
- When the lentils are cool, add chopped beetroot, spring onion, almonds and fresh mint and parsley.
Stir until it is all combined well
For the dressing;
- 2cm of Grated Ginger Root
- 5 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon of Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- A Pinch of Cracked Black Pepper & Rock Salt
Mix well together and drizzle over the salad
Simple Tuna & Sweetcorn Pasta Salad
- 80g of wholemeal pasta
- 1 can of Tuna in Spring Water - Drained
- 1/3 can of sweetcorn - Drained
- 3 tablespoons of light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons of apple cider vingegar
- 6 cherry tomatoes - halved
- 1/4 Sliced Cucumber
- 1/2 yellow Pepper
- 1 Spring Onion - finely sliced
- A Sprinkling of Cracked Black Pepper
- A handful of Fresh Spinach
Mix well and store in an air tight container for a filling lunch full of nutrition to take to work.
- If you have any work lunches to share please comment in the comment section.